One of the most common reasons why people fail to arrive at work on time is that they neglect to set their alarm clocks, a verb that implies a failure to carry out some expected or required action, either intentionally or through carelessness.
Some people, of course, choose to disregard their employer’s rules pertaining to tardiness, which implies a voluntary, and sometimes deliberate, inattention.
Others hear the alarm go off and simply ignore it, which suggests not only a deliberate decision to disregard something but a stubborn refusal to face the facts.
No doubt they hope their employers will overlook their frequent late arrivals, which implies a failure to see or to take action, which can be either intentional or due to haste or lack of care (: to overlook minor errors).
But they also hope no one will slight them for their conduct when it comes to handing out raises and promotions, which means to disregard or neglect in a disdainful way.” —Dictionary.app
- HelB: Man, there aren't any good black sitcoms anymore
- Picolopoo: hehehehe
- DTG: @Hank_el-Bashir, didn't you get the memo? now that we have a black president, we don't have to pretend that there are really black people on TV.
- Picolopoo hides behind morph.
- HelB: there haven't been good black sitc:oms in years.
- HelB: where was our black president then?